Wednesday 20 May 2015

Final Assessment

My final assessment went really well and I was happy to see the makeup and hair come together beautifully. On the day of the assessment I took a laminated mood board that showed my face chart and design inspiration as well as including my products and timings.

Products:
-Flash palette
-Mac face and body
-Mac soft and gentle
-Kryolan bright/neutral eyeshadow palette
-Inglot eyeliner
-Ben Nye eyeshadow palette
-MUA eyebrow gel
-Setting powder
-MAC mascara
-MAC blusher palette

Costume:
-Finished headpiece
-Metal tribal inspired necklace
-Straw to cover wrist tattoos
-White strapless top

I decided to keep my costume simple, with just a strapless white tshirt and tribal gold necklace to go around the neck. As my eye makeup and head piece was quite extravagant, I didn't want to draw attention away from those things so thought a simplistic costume would be efficient. As the model wore a strapless top, I took the MAC face and body foundation onto the body as well for photographic purposes.

Health and Safety:
-Ensure the model is at the correct height in the chair
-Ensure the model does not have an allergies
-Ensure the work space is clean and tidy
-Ensure all equipment is clean and ready to use


NOTE: Put the model in costume before the assessment starts

Timings:
00.00 Cleanse, tone and moisturise the skin
00.05 Create the eye makeup including mascara
00.20 Conceal any areas that need it
00.25 Apply foundation to the face and body
00.40 Set the foundation lightly with powder
00.42 Groom the eyebrows and lightly fill
00.45 Contour under the cheekbones
00.50 Apply highlight to the face
00.55 Apply colour to the lips
01.05 Powder under the eyes
01.07 Create the eyeliner under the eye
01.12 Add the white dots to the face and set with powder
01.15 Brush the hair through
01.20 Create a plait at the top to use as an anchor
01.25 Secure the headpiece to the head
01.30 Backcomb the hair all over
01.35 Style the hair and pin back
01.40 Create braids in the hair with straw
01.50 Add final touches
02.00 Finish


Final Images





 
 
Evaluation
 
I was really happy with the final outcome of all my work. I felt that the eyes were balanced and I had created a beautiful look that reflected my research.

Although I was pleased with the final look, I did come across a few problems on the day. My model had forgotten to pluck her eyebrows and it wasn't a case of me just being able to get rid of a few strays. Luckily, the natural and slightly unkempt look was what I wanted to achieve with this look so it fitted in well with the hairstyle and overall look. Another thing that I struggled with was hiding my models hair extensions but I managed to overcome this by applying more backcombing to the root of the hair.

I was especially pleased with my eye makeup for this look and was careful not to add too much product which prevented creasing. On all previous makeup practises, this is something that had happened so I was really pleased that I prevented this on the day. I was pleased with my makeup base and thought that MAC face and body worked beautifully on my models skin. I was happy with my colour matching and thought the skin looked really healthy and natural.

I think that although I wanted my hairstyle to have a slightly messy feel to it, I do think that I could have done better. I really struggled to work around the models hair extensions and felt that this stopped me from achieving my full potential. As an artist, I know that when working on jobs I won't always know the condition of the hair so it is something I will have to adjust quickly too but I did feel a little disheartened with the hair as I felt it could have been better. My headpiece was the main focal point of my hair design for me and I was really pleased with it. The piece secured to the hair completely and did not move while I was styling the hair.

Overall, I'm really pleased with my finished piece but do think that there are areas I could improve on for next time. This was a really exciting project and I loved being able to have the freedom to create and achieve whatever I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment