Wednesday 20 May 2015

Introduction to Masquerade project

For my Masquerade project, I chose to explore the tribal theme and created a mask based on my research.

I focussed my research on African tribes and created a mask to reflect the traditions and history of the different tribes I'd looked at.

My mask was based around the Zebra, which like other animals, is sacred to the indigenous people of Africa. The zebra in particular, is a symbol of beauty so I wanted to incorporate this into my fashion look.

Different tribes use colours to identify their tribe. Although particular colours mean different things across African culture, the colour blue usually symbolises positivity. As I am someone who unnecessarily feels negative about my work a lot, I thought this would be a personal touch to add to my work, so I have chosen to use the colour blue as the prominent feature in my fashion design.


My finished mask

No comments:

Post a Comment