Wednesday 20 May 2015

Makeup practise: Third trial

My third and final makeup practise went really well and it is here that I worked out my makeup timings for the day of the assessment.
 
 
Products:
-Flash palette
-Mac face and body
-Mac blushers
-Mac soft and gentle
-Inglot eyeliner
-MAC mascara
-Ben Nye palette
-MUA eyebrow mascara
-Kryolan brights/neutral eyeshadow palette
-Kryolan blusher palette
-Translucent powder
 
Health and Safety:
-Ensure all work spaces are tidy and clean
-Ensure the model is positioned at the correct height
-Ensure all equipment is clean and ready to use
 
Step by step:
-Cleanse, tone and moisturise the skin
-Apply white from the flash palette to the eyelid, bringing it into the corner of the eye and winging the colour out
-Apply blue from the flash palette to the crease and above, blending the colour into the white
-Set the white colour using a white eyeshadow from the Kryolan neutral palette
-Set the blue colour using a blue eyeshadow from the Kryolan brights palette
-Blend the two colours together using a lighter blue colour
-Apply inglot gel liner to the upper eye lid, creating a wing
-Apply mascara to the upper lashes using a fan brush
-Conceal any areas that need attention
-Apply MAC face and body to the face and upper body
-Set the foundation lightly
-Groom the brows in the wrong direction, making them messy. Fill in only slightly with the Ben Nye palette (Ensure the colour matches the natural hair colour of the model)
-Contour underneath the cheekbones using MAC harmony, add a grey tone from the Kryolan eyeshadow palette
-Highlight the cheekbones and temples using MAC harmony and a big fan brush
-Blend it with the contour slightly
-Apply brown from the flash palette to the lips using a lip brush
-Powder underneath the eyes
-Apply inglot liner under the eye starting from the middle and dragging a straight line outwards
-Create white dots down the chin ensuring they are central using white from the flash palette and a cotton bud
-Set the dots slightly using setting powder on a cotton bud
 
 
 

 
The more I practise makeup, the more I am happy with the eye shape and finish. Taking into consideration the last makeup practise that I did, I ensured to use enough product from the flash palette to make the colours pop and I think that from looking at my pictures I have managed to create the right balance. I also made sure I changed the inner corner of the makeup which made a significant difference to the finished look. I was really pleased with how this practise went and noted down the timings of the makeup as well as any information that I thought would be helpful to remember on the day.
 
NOTES TO REMEMBER:
-After concealing the eye, ensure it is powdered to stop the black eyeliner from moving underneath the eyelid
-Remember to take the face and body foundation onto the neck and shoulders (for photographic purposes)
-Do not use too much/too little of the flash palette, the right balance is key to prevent creasing
-Do not forget to set the white dots with powder
-Go in with additional lip colour once the hair is complete
 
Overall, I am really looking forward to my assessment and am completely happy that the makeup I created reflects my tribal inspirations whilst linking to current and past makeup trends.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment