Wednesday 20 May 2015

Makeup practise: First trial

After researching tribal themes within makeup, I told Branka my ideas and began to create a makeup based on everything I had looked at. I was struggling to get the initial shape so Branka showed me an idea that I could create. At first I was a bit apprehensive as I felt I wouldn't be able to achieve the same eye makeup she created, but I tried and was really happy with the result.

The eye makeup reflected everything I had researched about 60's and tribal shapes so I was eager to use it in my final design. I loved the transition between the white and the blue and thought it would work well with my headpiece.






Products:
-Flash palette
-Kryolan brights eye shadow palette
-Kryolan neutral eye shadow palette
-Inglot eyeliner
-Ben Nye eyeshadow palette

Health and Safety:
-Ensure the workspace is tidy
-Ensure the model is at the correct height
-Ensure all equipment is clean and ready to use

Step by step:
-Apply white from the flash palette to the eyelid, bringing it into the corner of the eye and winging the colour out
-Apply blue from the flash palette to the crease and above, blending the colour into the white
-Set the white colour using a white eyeshadow from the Kryolan neutral palette
-Set the blue colour using a blue eyeshadow from the Kryolan brights palette
-Blend the two colours together using a lighter blue colour
-Apply inglot gel liner to the upper eye lid, creating a wing
-Apply inglot gel liner under the bottom eyelid, dragging the colour out into a straight line
-Chose a colour that matches the natural hair colour of the model and fill in the brows using eyeshadow from the Ben Nye palette


I was really happy with the eye design that we created and think that it will work well within my tribal theme. I found blending the colours slightly difficult and found that the eyes creased still after I had applied the eyeshadow. To prevent this happening, I will make sure not to use too much of the greasepaint as I think this is what caused the problem and not because I had not powdered enough. I think that the shape I created flowed really well and was quite symmetrical to Branka's so I was overall, pretty pleased with this practise. The black eyeliner on the upper eyelid and under the bottom eyelid really helped to define the eye makeup. Although I feel slightly nervous about creating the perfect line under the eye on the day and getting it symmetrical on both sides, I know this is something that will help finish off my makeup beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment