Wednesday 20 May 2015

Makeup practise: Second trial

I originally had a model planned who was unable to model last minute so luckily I found some to fill the space. It was really important to me that my model had darker skin in order to fit in with the African tribal theme of my project. My model Adele has beautiful skin and kindly offered to come into the lesson so that I could practise the whole makeup look together.
 
 
 
Products:
-Flash palette
-Mac face and body
-Mac blushers
-Mac soft and gentle
-Inglot eyeliner
-MAC mascara
-Ben Nye palette
-MUA eyebrow mascara
-Kryolan brights/neutral eyeshadow palette
-Kryolan blusher palette
-Translucent powder
 
Health and Safety:
-Ensure all work spaces are tidy and clean
-Ensure the model is positioned at the correct height
-Ensure all equipment is clean and ready to use
 
Step by step:
-Cleanse, tone and moisturise the skin
-Apply white from the flash palette to the eyelid, bringing it into the corner of the eye and winging the colour out
-Apply blue from the flash palette to the crease and above, blending the colour into the white
-Set the white colour using a white eyeshadow from the Kryolan neutral palette
-Set the blue colour using a blue eyeshadow from the Kryolan brights palette
-Blend the two colours together using a lighter blue colour
-Apply inglot gel liner to the upper eye lid, creating a wing
-Apply mascara to the upper lashes using a fan brush
-Conceal any areas that need attention
-Apply MAC face and body to the face and upper body
-Set the foundation lightly
-Groom the brows in the wrong direction, making them messy. Fill in only slightly with the Ben Nye palette (Ensure the colour matches the natural hair colour of the model)
-Contour underneath the cheekbones using MAC harmony, add a grey tone from the Kryolan eyeshadow palette
-Highlight the cheekbones and temples using MAC harmony and a big fan brush
-Blend it with the contour slightly
-Apply brown from the flash palette to the lips using a lip brush
-Powder underneath the eyes
-Apply inglot liner under the eye starting from the middle and dragging a straight line outwards
-Create white dots down the chin ensuring they are central using white from the flash palette and a cotton bud
-Set the dots slightly using setting powder on a cotton bud
 
 
 
 
 
 
Evaluation:
 
I was really happy with my finalised makeup design and think that it reflected everything I had researched whilst taking into consideration that the makeup was both tribal and fashion inspired. Practising the makeup look made me realise what worked and what needs to be improved before my final assessment.
 
What went well:
I was happy with the dewy skin I created using MAC face and body and think it was the best product to use on my models skin to create the light and dewy coverage I wanted. Using MAC harmony to contour worked well as the colour complimented the skin and lip colour however I did add a slight grey tone from the Kryolan neutral palette to tone down the colour a bit which I think worked really well. Using a mixture of MAC soft and gentle and a Kryolan highlighter worked well to create the healthy skin that I desired for this look. I was pleased that the lip colour worked well with the makeup and didn't over power the eye makeup.
 
What I need to improve on for my assessment:
Although I was happy with the eye shape I created, towards the inner corner of the eye, I used too much product. For my assessment, I will make sure that the colour towards the inner corner is much more pointed and not as wide as I think it distracted attention away from the eye and made the shape look uneven. Another problem I had when creating this makeup was not being able to make the eye colour as strong as I liked. I think that the reason this happened was because I used too little of the flash palette before applying the shadow so this is something I will consider for next time.
 
Products that worked well:
The combination of the flash palette and eyeshadows worked really well to create the transitional colouring of my eye makeup. Although I know that I should have used more of the flash palette colours underneath, I think that generally these products work really well together to create an eye popping makeup. Another favourite product of mine for this look was the Inglot gel eyeliner. The consistency of the liner is so creamy that it flows onto the skin beautifully and unlike MAC blacktrack which I find dried too quickly, I love applying liner using this product. 
 
Techniques that worked well:
A technique that I found worked particularly well was using a cotton bud to create the dots on the chin. I was able to apply the colour from the flash palette neatly and go back in to powder with another cotton bud to prevent smudging. Although I originally was going to use the end of a brush, I think that this technique worked better. Another technique I thought was effective was one that Branka had previously showed us. As I am someone who has previously struggled with contouring, Branka showed us how to use a fan brush to lightly build up a contour. This technique worked really well on my model and I was pleased with the result.
 
Overall, I am really pleased with how this practise went and aim to practise one more time before the assessment to ensure that I am completely happy with the makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment