Monday 9 March 2015

Collaborating with different artists

I was nervous about finding people I didn't know for my photoshoot but excited to collaborate with different artists.

Firstly, I asked a friend if she knew anyone who would suit the look I created. She suggested one of her friends ,Georgia, who although wasn't a professional model, had modelled hair and makeup for other people before. I contacted her and sent her images of my moodboard and she was happy to do it.

Finding a photographer proved to be much more difficult. After visiting the website Model Mayhem and creating an ad, I had a number of people willing to do the shoot however once I had told them I was a student, some of them declined. What I found frustrating about this is that if I had just wrote that I was a freelance artist, I probably would have been able to get a photographer.

After having no luck on Model Mayhem, I decided to turn to social networks for help. I wrote an advert on twitter and facebook and was lucky enough to have a reply from a girl named Amy. Amy is a freelance photographer in Brighton who has a studio in her house. She is the owner of the company Flutterby Image and was willing to do my shoot for free in exchange for me allowing her to use the images of my model on her website.

I was really happy that I was able to organise a team and was excited to start my shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment