Monday 9 March 2015

Final Design: i-D Magazine

I have chosen I-D Magazine for my publication. I-D is a British monthly magazine that is based on youth culture and contains information on music, fashion and art. Unlike other fashion magazines, I-D is inspired by fresh and upcoming artists. The magazine has a positive vibe with it's message to the audience primarily being live life, enjoy and do what you love.

Characteristics of the magazine:
-Minimalist cover design
-Cover features an artist with the right eye covered/winking to symbolise the logo of the magazine
-Based on youth
-Topics covered such as art, fashion, real people and music
-Appeals to fashion lovers
-Contains articles on both celebrities and upcoming artists

Every different issue of i-D Magazine has a theme for the cover, with the latest being The Music Issue featuring singer Rihanna on the cover with only the words 'play loud'.


Latest I-D magazine The Music Edition
 phases’.
Other editions of i-D magazine



I have decided to chose love as my theme for the magazine. Taking into consideration the characteristics of the magazine, I have chosen love because I think that it is a subject that is not taken seriously with youth. i-D magazine is very passionate about the younger generation expressing their feelings and ideas so I think that my theme is well fitting.

For my cover, I have decided to have a model on the front that has her eye covered with a heart. This will show a strong indication to i-D because of the clever play on the logo whilst sticking to the love theme. I plan to include the words 'love fast' on my cover to show the rebellious style of the magazine and to also show how i-D magazine supports youth ideas. 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment