Wednesday 17 December 2014

Assessment

TIMINGS (Makeup):
00.00 Cleanse, tone and moisturise the model
00.05 Conceal any areas that need it, apply the foundation
00.15 Set the foundation lightly with powder
00.17 Groom the eyebrows into shape
00.20 Create the eye makeup on the top and bottom lid 
00.35 Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes
00.40 Apply lip liner to the lips, add lipstick, blot and add powder to make them matte.
01.00 FINISH
 
 TIMINGS (Hair):
00.00 Set the front of the hair in rollers
00.10 Section the hair and straighten the remaining hair
00.25 Create a plait on each inside of the head, behind the ears
00.30 Take out the rollers
00.35 Back comb the front of the hair and smooth to the back of the head
00.45 Pin the hair to the back of the head
00.50 Comb gel through the hair
01.00 FINISH
 


This is my final image from my Zac Posen inspired makeup. I was really happy with the finished design and think that I did a good job re creating the catwalk look. 

I don't think that I struggled with anything in particular. I was happy with the base although I would have liked to make it more dewy. In order to achieve a more dewy look for recreating this look again, I could use less powder and a different foundation that instantly creates a dewy skin. A foundation I think that would be perfect for this is Charlotte Tilbury's light wonder foundation which is a light to medium coverage and leaves a dewy finish on the skin. It would be a perfect product to use because like at Zac Posen, the skin looked more natural and fresh as appose to heavy which would be achieved with full coverage foundation.

I was really pleased with my lip application and think that making them matte using translucent powder worked well. I was happy with the balance and overall, although for the catwalk show they used MAC ruby woo, I think I managed to match the colour well. I decided not to use ruby woo as I find it quite drying when applying, so instead I used the Kryolan lip palette and made the lips matte with powder. 

I really loved the finished eye colour of my final assessment. I used a mixture of Kryolan eye shadows to create an orange toned shadow, which I them added a shimmer to. I applied a small amount of Vaseline to the eye shadow to give it a wet look which made the eye shadow crease but ultimately this is avoidable so I think it came out well. 

For the highlight, I wanted to use a Revlon highlighter but I made a mistake thinking the product was available at college. Instead, I created my own dewy highlight using MAC vanilla pigment and moisturiser. I was pleased with how it looked on the models skin and think it have a subtle effect. I think in future, the Revlon highlighter would be a good product to use because it has a dewy finish and would be perfect for this look. 

  

The models in the Zac Posen catwalk had a wet look hairstyle. As I wanted to show different techniques including using heated appliances, I created an interpretation of the hairstyles but decided to keep the hair dry. I found one model in particular who's hair was plaited behind the ears so I took inspiration from that for my design. As well as this many of the modules hair was pinned at the side so I incorporated this into my look. 

I sectioned the hair and got the bottom as straight as I could, incorporating the plaits behind the ears. For the top section,  I smoothed back the sides as flat to the head as I could and pinned to the back, then for the top of the hair I back combed the hair and created a small bouffant. To make it appear less dry I combed some gel through it but didn't add too much through worry of the hair flattening. 

I was really happy with my finished hair design and pleased with the overall balance of the hairstyle.
If I were to recreate this look again, apart from the things I have mentioned, I think that I would like to balance the lips more as one lip looked bigger than the other. To achieve this I would draw over the natural lip line on the upper lip using a lip liner and then fill in the area with the lipstick colour I used in order to balance it with the bottom. I would also like to experiment with other products such as the Charlotte Tilbury foundation I mentioned and the Revlon highlighter to see the difference it made to my makeup.
 
Overall, I really enjoyed this assessment and think that both the hair and makeup went well together. For my next hair assessment I would like to create a more intricate design to really challenge myself and would also like to create a makeup that challenged my eyeliner and lip liner technique as those are areas that I feel I need to strengthen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment